Skip to main content

At last... My own new blog!

Finally! After so many attempts to try new things all my life, here I am at the brink of starting something new. Blogging. 
Well its probably out of jealousy(God forgive me!) that I have found this newly found interest. You see many of my friends have their own blogs and quite good ones at that! 
So much for intros, I'll post something that has influenced my life to an extent that it has changed my way of looking at myself. 
If you had known me from my school days, you would have known me to be one of those lonely, fun-hating introvert guys who stick to reading books as their sole hobby. Well, maybe I was/am like that. The difference now is that I have Someone far greater than my imagination, who has filled me with something that I am going to have till I am here.
Faith. Hope. Love.
It all started with a 'Why?' It always does. And then, like that feeling when you start giving in, like that step when you start over again, like that moment when you are just waking up, it comes to you like a brand new day! 
When Love enters your heart, it is the most wonderful feeling! 
By love, I meant one that has existed since time immemorial, one that bestows you with a peace that surpasses all understanding, one that has the power to transform.
I know, philosophy, right in my first blog post, is not what you would like to read but,   


 

Having said that, I will just close off with a small stanza from one of my favorite songs:



Well, today I found myself

After searching all these years

And the man that I saw

He wasn't at all who I thought he'd be

I was lost when You found me here

And I was broken beyond repair

Then You came along

And You sang Your son
g over me

It feels like I'm born again

It feels like I'm living

For the very first time

For the very first time in my life



Cheerio! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you

Whenever November comes by, I am surrounded by a melancholic and cold atmosphere that has nothing to do with the winter season. But as far as my memory can reach out, winter used to be my favorite, of all the seasons throughout the year.  Waking up to the smell of brewing coffee my mother would make but at the same time trying my best to get out of my cozy rajaai (Hindi for a quilt) to brush my teeth and take a hot bath and then dressing up to go to school. I still remember how I used to literally bake my socks over the stove(for which I used to get scolded by my Maa almost every time!) to make it warm enough to put my feet inside a pair of heavenly hosiery! :) And then after coming back from school, how I would enjoy playing outside in the warmth of the sun till 6 in the evening and then coming home to some hot snacks my Maa would make for me. Yes. Winter was The Best Time of the year for me! What was more. It was Christmas season! Gifts, New clothes, Christmas cards, the Chris

Another Imperfect Musing

Why do I love watches? There is a small and seemingly lame fact to this. Before I tell you the fact, let me tell you a small incident from my past. My grandfather, Mr. W. Thomas Victor loved watches too. I may easily say that this trait runs in our family(maybe it does!) but it is not just a hereditary thing. It is certainly not an irony that my grandfather had a "Grandfather clock" at his place - A big free standing, weight driven pendulum clock with the pendulum held inside the tower of the case. Every half an hour it would do a ding-dong and every hour it would strike as many ding-dongs as the time it showed. I have such beautiful memories of me waking up at 12 in the night just to count the number of ding-dongs. My grandfather used to share certain things that would put an encyclopedia to shame. There was this time when I was about to start the usual brother-sister argument(for fun) and my grandfather stepped in. It all started with my sister using

Bus number 11.

"At the end of one HYSTERICAL journey #engineering here I am  at the start of another. #roadtrip to Mt. Abu!"- I Tweeted. I had always wanted to go out on a road trip. Well I had a lot of reasons. Let me just try to make a bullet list as to how I decided to go out on one: (Engineering has taught me something! :P)   Firstly,  My Dad was a biker and he had been on many road trips the longest being, a trip from Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu) to Goa. On their bikes! So I had  to go. That's a cool bike he had! We did not have the audacity  required resources to go on bikes so we pooled up to go in a 'compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle' (euphemism for  Chevrolet Tavera) for our trip to Mt. Abu.  My friends and I had been planning out a trip since our college second year. And planning was all we did! I could make another bullet list as to why we didn't/ couldn't work out our plans but we'll leave it at that. Engineering. Yes. Having slog