Skip to main content

Thank you

Whenever November comes by, I am surrounded by a melancholic and cold atmosphere that has nothing to do with the winter season. But as far as my memory can reach out, winter used to be my favorite, of all the seasons throughout the year. 
Waking up to the smell of brewing coffee my mother would make but at the same time trying my best to get out of my cozy rajaai (Hindi for a quilt) to brush my teeth and take a hot bath and then dressing up to go to school. I still remember how I used to literally bake my socks over the stove(for which I used to get scolded by my Maa almost every time!) to make it warm enough to put my feet inside a pair of heavenly hosiery! :) And then after coming back from school, how I would enjoy playing outside in the warmth of the sun till 6 in the evening and then coming home to some hot snacks my Maa would make for me. Yes. Winter was The Best Time of the year for me!
What was more. It was Christmas season! Gifts, New clothes, Christmas cards, the Christmas tree, Cakes, Carols, need I say more? :) Man, I loved winters.

But God had other plans for that one particular morning.
Everything good about that winter morning, was about to turn into an agonizing noon, as Death announced its presence. 
My Dad had passed away in a cardiac arrest in Chennai. 

I know it sounds very shallow and skin-deep, but no matter how hard I try to express my feelings of that day, I start trembling. 


But looking back at that day, I can say one thing for sure.
In the midst of our insufferable, unbearable and heart-wrenching circumstance, GOD WAS IN CONTROL.
As the Psalmist, David from the Bible would say,
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

At this juncture I am indebted to thank everyone who was with us during our time of grief.
Parul Ma'am, my Biology teacher, who is invariably the first person to help whenever our family needed it. Without her help I don't know how we would've reached Chennai. Right from helping us out to get tickets, till we boarded our flight, she was there.
 She continues to be our moral support. Apart from whatever little biology I know, I've learnt a lot of 'life lessons' from her.
Sandhya Ma'am, my primary school mentor and a close colleague of Maa, who, without a second thought, accompanied us in her car to drop us at the airport in Ahmedabad, which is almost 5 hrs from our place. 
Geetanjali ma'am,Preeti ma'am, Nirmala ma'am, Nagapushpa Ma'am and all of my Maa's colleagues who helped us pack, in time, in order to start towards Ahmedabad. Geetanjali Ma'am even took the pains to accompany  us to the airport.

Mr. Sankar Sethumahadevan, the first male person who gave me his shoulder to cry on. I can't forget the consoling words he told me when we first heard the news of my dad's death. He said," I know its an important stage in your career and losing your father now would be a very big blow. But, Keep your faith. Now you have to look after your mother and sister." His words somehow gave me a sense of assurance that no matter what I go through, God won't give me something I can't handle.
Not only was he there to arrange a car for us to go to Ahmedabad, but he also sent Suja ma'am, his wife, and Anusha, his daughter (and my sister's close friend) to drop us.
Anusha and Heer, my sister's friends  from school, who skipped their lessons and came and accompanied Lydia to the airport.
I hadn't known Heer's mother till then. But still, she came all the way to the airport and was a big support to my sister.

To everyone I've mentioned, and others, whom I might have forgotten, who were there for us and prayed for us, I just want to,



I know just a thank you wouldn't express how grateful I am to have you all in my life. You have been a blessing and it is my sincerest prayer today that God continues to use you as a blessing to many.


P.S.
I don't know if everyone reading this believes in angels. But as for me, One thing is certain,

I believe in angels, not because I read about them in the Bible, but because I have seen them for Real






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Imperfect Musing

Why do I love watches? There is a small and seemingly lame fact to this. Before I tell you the fact, let me tell you a small incident from my past. My grandfather, Mr. W. Thomas Victor loved watches too. I may easily say that this trait runs in our family(maybe it does!) but it is not just a hereditary thing. It is certainly not an irony that my grandfather had a "Grandfather clock" at his place - A big free standing, weight driven pendulum clock with the pendulum held inside the tower of the case. Every half an hour it would do a ding-dong and every hour it would strike as many ding-dongs as the time it showed. I have such beautiful memories of me waking up at 12 in the night just to count the number of ding-dongs. My grandfather used to share certain things that would put an encyclopedia to shame. There was this time when I was about to start the usual brother-sister argument(for fun) and my grandfather stepped in. It all started with my sister using

Bus number 11.

"At the end of one HYSTERICAL journey #engineering here I am  at the start of another. #roadtrip to Mt. Abu!"- I Tweeted. I had always wanted to go out on a road trip. Well I had a lot of reasons. Let me just try to make a bullet list as to how I decided to go out on one: (Engineering has taught me something! :P)   Firstly,  My Dad was a biker and he had been on many road trips the longest being, a trip from Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu) to Goa. On their bikes! So I had  to go. That's a cool bike he had! We did not have the audacity  required resources to go on bikes so we pooled up to go in a 'compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle' (euphemism for  Chevrolet Tavera) for our trip to Mt. Abu.  My friends and I had been planning out a trip since our college second year. And planning was all we did! I could make another bullet list as to why we didn't/ couldn't work out our plans but we'll leave it at that. Engineering. Yes. Having slog